Info on Kenco Precision Loupe 3x for 6x7

mikael_forslund

I am still looking for a good loupe to use for (Pentax) 6x7 slides and negs! I found a

<p>

"monster size" Kenco loupe at B&H, the Kenco Precision Loupe 3x for 6x7 (PR3X) see

<p>

(http://www.bhphotovideo.com/photo/loupes/214.html#Kenko Precision Loupe).

<p>

Has anyone used this loupe? PLEASE provide some first hand comments!

<p>

How does it compare to the PEAK 4x in image quality and other aspects?

<p>

Thank You all! /Mikael

I have that Kenko x3 loupe. It is very nice and you can adjust focus which is useful if you have little dioptric correction. Even if you dont need correction, you need to adjust it correctly to have a sharp image from corner to corner. With a 6x7, the field of view is so large that I have to "move" my eye to see the whole slide. It's like watching at a projection screen from a very close distance. I guess that with a larger magnification loupe (with full 6x7 size), this effect would be even more important.

• 1 year later...

There is one problem with the Kenko 3x Loupe that could only be corrected by making it rectangular instead of round: Unless you mask your 6x7 chromes when viewing them on the light table, you can see the reflection of the underside of the loupe superimposed on your image.

Unmasked, lots of light gets into the loupe from both sides of the chrome. Absolutely no complaints otherwise -- well... you do have to move your eye about just a bit to see the whole image - can't see it all from one position. Very sharp though!