they're not photographers; they don't understand.) Deep sand

along the dunes is still a problem, but in the city, on a trail, in a

field, this thing allows me to get far from the truck. It has 3 main

compartments. One holds the 8x10, one has the lenses, and

one holds the extra backs and accessories. Film holders still

go in a backpack, but the tripod gets bungeed to the top and

away I go. So, for all you guys needing a way to tote the bigger

formats around, give this a look. I've got a friend that carries a

7x17 the same way.<div>005W1L-13619084.jpg.a6c51d6aed8836234368703691ef6b6b.jpg</div>

That's great, Gary.

I'm inspired. I plan to build a similar model for my 4X5 kit, a will also add a place for my smaller cameras. Heck, I might even include a place for the grand-child-to-be. I have a wood shop, so finding the stroller thing will be my starting point.

Happy trails,

Joe

<p>Looks pretty cool, Gary. What size engine did you put in it? V-8 or 6? ;-) </p>

<p>The perspective in the picture makes it look fairly large, but I suspect that's an illusion due to it being on a stroller frame. Looks like you also have a locking brake mechanism. If so, that's a big advantage over my golf-cart approach: </p>

<p><a href="http://www.rbarkerphoto.com/misc/Photo-gear/Cart-A.jpg">folding/unfolding golf cart</a></p>

<p><a href="http://www.rbarkerphoto.com/misc/Photo-gear/Cart-C.jpg">loaded cart</a>

<p>The wider wheels make it easier in soft earth or sand. But, no brake. Does anyone have an aluminum anchor up for auction? ;-) </p>

I've drawn up plans for a 20x24 camera with reducing backs and plate holders that I can pedal around. Sort of a large, rolling tripod with pedals. My design calls for construction of camera components to be made from honeycomb aluminum panels for strength and rigidity since weight isn't really an issue. The drawings show 48" of bellows with front and rear bellows fully extended. I'm working out the details of a DC powered movements scheme utilizing small servos at each axis. ULF-glass plate-street photography here I come!

Excellent job of going the extra mile for your hobby (or would obsession be a better word?). One caution for baltic birch users, the adhesive used in the baltic birch I have used is NOT water proof! For anyone who is considering this sort of project, please use a good sealer to encapsulate the wood from the elements, seal the edges very well. (VIP Polymer, boat resin, oil based enamel, exterior paint, catalyzed acrylic car paint complete with flames, etc.).

Again, nice concept, design and execution. I like it.

Gary...

<p>

Great idea... but if you were able to get a motorized golf cart it already comes with an

umbrella and a place to place your camera(s) and accessories!

<p>

Furthermore, you wouldn't have to push/pull it. Since it's motorized it'll also get you

to your location that much quicker too!

<p>

And, if you routinely go on photographic journeys with a group of friends you can

have yourselves a "convoy." Then, all you would need is a CB to communicate with

each other.

<p>

:>)

That's a big 10-4 PhotoBuddy!