6X7 Enlarger&lens. for Black and White

I use a Saunders/LPL 4500 II Dichroic with an El-Nikkor 105mm/f5.6. I have found absolutely no limitations for me with this setup, for both b&w and color up to 11x14 (I plan on trying 16x20 soon). It also works great for 35mm with a 50mm lens. It's probably more enlarger than you really need for 6x7, but for only the cost of a negative carrier you can also do 6x9, and for the cost of a negative carrier and lens you can try 4x5 too.

If you are printing on multigrade paper, there are two choices I would recommend: the Durst Pictograph (or now Multigraph) (there was a review of this in Photo Techniques or whatever it is called these days some time ago) and the De Vere 504. In terms of lenses, the schneider componon-S 80mm will cover 6x7.

If Pascal is in Europe, Durst and Kaiser M.F. enlarger models are more

widely available than Omega and DeVere, and are universally

recommended as quality brands. If you're on a budget, the Meopta

models are sturdy but a little lacking in finesse, or look for a used

Durst M805 - a lovely machine which will handle up to 6x9.

The German magazine Color Foto published a test of current medium

format enlargers last year, so if you can find a library with back

issues you might want to track it down.

• 2 months later...
i use a rodenstock,rodagon 80mm,f4 enlarging lens on a,de vere 203.this lens is excellent at all apertures,contrast and sharpness are probably the best for the money (£240,british money) one concern that many believe is that it only has enough coverage for a 6/6 format,this is not true,and works perfectly with a 6/7. good luck. sean anderson 22/8/2000