Differences between 600X Rollei models

joel_collins

Could anyone explain the main differences between the 600X models?

I think there is a 6002, 6003, 6006, and 6008. If anyone knows of a

web page that has photos of these models, that would be a great help.

Also, is there a difference between the 6008 and the 6008 Integral,

or is it the same camera?

<p>

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks for the link to the Rollei web page. Unfortunately, I've seen it before and it doesn't seem to have any info on the 6002 or 6006. I guess they only have info on the models that are currently in production. Since I do not have an unlimited photo budget, I am more interested in used cameras. So, any one out there that can recommend a Rollei SLR 6x6 model that would make a good used camera? Thanks for your help.

Dear Joel

<p>

I'll attempt to answer your questions as best I can based on the

brochures that I've received from Rollei Phototecnic. The 6003 Pro

is similar to the 6008E and 6008 Integral save the following:

<p>

The 6003 Pro has no multi-spot metering, no cable release socket

, and no connections for the Master Control Unit. It accepts all the current PQ and PQS Schneider and Zeiss lenses. It has a fixed 6X6 120 filmback. Motor Drive speeds: 2fps for the 6003, 2.5fps for the 6008E and 6008I. The magazines on the 6008 variants are interchangeable.

<p>

The 6008E is a new model which is similar to the 6008 Integral except that it has no cable release socket. The standard 6008E can be upgraded to full 6008I specifications except for the aforementioned

cable release socket. The reason for introducing the 6008E? I guess as a kit, the 6008E would be offered for a considerably lower price than the 6008I. At its introductory price of Deutsche Marks 7600, the 6008E is outfitted with the Zeiss 80mm/F2.8 PQ lens, an A120 magazine, Standard Focussing Screen, waist-level view-finder, and the standard camera accesories. Acquire an High D Focussing Bright Screen, and the Handgrip and you have yourself a 6008I, with no cable release socket.

<p>

The 6008 debuted as the 6008 Pro SRC 1000 (Motor Drive 2fps) which made way for the current 6008I, and the latest middle-of-the-range 6008E. Check out Phil Greespun's review of the 6008 Pro SRC 1000 at www.photo.net. The 6006 and 6002 are the precursors to the 6008 variants and 6003 Pro, respectively.

<p>

I hope this helps. The best person to talk to is Bob Solomon (email: BobS31@aol.com) of HP Marketing Corp, USA. Cheers and May the Muse of Photography Always Be your Guide.

Dear Joel

<p>

I just read your reply to your own post and as an aside, may I be allowed to make these comments:

<p>

Do you have to have a Rollei 6X6 SLR absolutely? Know that what kills in the Rollei systems is the cost of the Schneider or Zeiss lenses, new or used. If you're new to medium format, you may want to consider the Japanese MF systems like the Bronica or Mamiya. You may be able to build up a decent kit with a nice selection of focal lengths with the same budget for the used Rollei 6X6 SLR. IMHO, the Rollei systems are bought mainly by professionals who work their gear hard and thus, tend to sell their equipment only when its useful life is about to come to an end. I doubt if there are any good used copies out there but I have no experience with buying used Rollei. Other Netters have fulsome praise for dealing with a used Rollei dealer, Hadley Chamberlain (T: 714-640-5933; F: 714-640-0928). Again, I have no experience dealing with the man, so I would tread with caution. Caveat Emptor! However, he would be a good place to start your search. Whatever system you choose, may I remind you that it's all about PHOTOGRAPHY and not equipment. It's easy to get shanghaied from our original quest-that of The Perfect Print.

Once again I find myself answering my own question...

<p>

I have found a good comparison chart that explains many of the differences between the 600X family. It's on the Wall Street Camera web page at: http://www.wallstreetcamera.com/wall/rollei/html/camera_spec.html

<p>

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to see it, it's a PDF file.

<p>

Happy shooting!