Mamiya 645E Mirror Lock

chat_sirichanvimol

I have the mirror released so that I can compose the picture. When

I turn the film crank to advance the film the mirror lock up engages

by itself. I'm not sure the shutter is working properly either

because the depth on the button press is very shallow. Anyone ever

see this on the Mamiya 645E.

When you raise the mirror with the mirror lock-up switch, make sure it clicks all the way down. That will lock the mirror. After you expose the frame, release the mirror: does it sound like the mirror has returned to its position?

The shutter on the 645E is pretty loud: you will definitely hear it if it is releasing. Make sure you haven't accidently set the shutter lock: the indentation on the ring around the shutter release should be on the white dot, not the red. If the shutter release button is locked then it will depress a little (maybe 1/8").

Also, if you are using the aperture-priority mode, remember to switch to the AE Lock setting before locking the mirror up.

I have the mirror in the release position but when I crank the film to advance the mirror locks up on by itself. Then when I click the shutter the shutter sounds as if it releases but the mirror stays locked until I click the shutter again. Only then does the mirror release. All this is happening with the the mirror lockup lever still in the release mode (without manually swithing the lever to mirror lock). The problem is now that when ever I advance the film the mirror lock automatically engages and I can't compose the picture before press the shutter release. At that point composing is pointless. I also have it in AE mode for aperture priority. I trying to figure out if there is anything I doing wrong before I bring it to the shop and look like a total dope. Any ideas?