Eos 3 compatible w/ Sigma 70-200/2.8?

peter_bongard

I'm just buying this combination (except Sigma is newer model which is HSM) so I sent mail to Sigma and they said it is fully compatible with EOS 3. Besides that I saw and test EOS 3 with Sigma 70-200/2.8 non-HSM and it was working really nice so I don't think there will be any problems.

Warm advice, do not buy until you checked it for yourself. It may have been re-chipped but you need to confirm this (letter from Sigma that says so).

Another point. Non-EX lenses generally have poor build quality. See http://photonotes.org/articles/beginner-faq/lenses.html#buythirdparty. Again, check for yourself.

Happy shooting ,

Yakim.

BTW, it should be "Is the Sigma 70-200/2.8 EX Apo fully compatible with the Eos 3" and not the other way around.

Hi Peter, yes the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 will work with the EOS3. It also works with the Elan7, D30, D60 and 10D for sure. I was looking at this lens a couple of days ago and I am going to buy it very soon myself. I also contacted a few people(from photo.net and photosig) who use this lens and asked them if they were happy with it after having it for awhile and they were, very happy. Just make sure it is a HSM model which are made for Canon and Nikon.

Scott