PS6 raw image converter for D60

I know Adobe introduced a converter for PS 7,but is their any

alternatives for PS6 and Canon D60.The Canon program is quite slow,as

I'm sure you all know.Or,perhaps a stand alone program that's quicker

than the Canon version.

There's a free standalone program for many raw files, but it is only distributed as C source code. The guy who wrote it will make a executable file for a fee. I use it under linux and it seems to be much faster for the Canon G2 files than the Canon software. If you have a compiler it would be worth giving it a try.

It is available at:

http://www2.primushost.com/~dcoffin/powershot/

Thanks everyone for the reponses,it looks like it will have to be breezebrowser,unfortunatly I dont have a compiler Richard,in fact,I dont even know what it is,but thanks anyway for the info.

Tommy.

Tommy, there are a few others. One is Powershovel II, which is a free download from http://lens.liteserv.com/download/powershovel2.php. It's a powerful program that can be a little intimidating, because it has a ton of controls, and many of them have names that don't seem to tell much about what they do or how they work. With RAW files from my D30, it will do a 16-bit tiff conversion in about ten seconds, but it takes a lot longer if sharpening is turned on. The sharpening control is very highly touted, The program has so many options and controls, though, that it can seem like being plopped down in the cockpit of an F16 when you don't even know how to drive a car. <p>

Another option is Firehand Ember, a neat little image browser/management program from www.firehand.com. It "develops" RAW files, and is really at the opposite end of the complexity spectrum. It just does a no-frills conversion to an 8-bit tiff, no 16-bit available. They have a 30-use trial version that can be downloaded for free. Registration is $39, but if you want to handle multiple images, that requires an upgrade, which is another $29. That brings the total to nearly $70, but the RAW converter is just one "bonus-like" aspect of the whole package. It has a lot of features in its main browser/management role, far too many to describe here. Better to download the trial version and give it a try to see what all of its functions are.