Auction sites for rare photographic equipment

kdt

Looking for advise on Auction houses that would give me the best exposure to collectors of rare cameras and lenses.

I have a Toshigi Nikon 300mm T2.2 (f2) that I purchased many years ago from a Japanese collector on eBay. There were only 20 of these made by the Toshigi division of Nikon. It was based on the 300mm F2 Nikon but improved for use in the motion picture industry.

As it is so rare I would like to get opinions on the best possibilities to maximize the selling price .

Advise is welcomed.

Thanks Sandy, I have dealt with Roberts over the years and have been happy with them. There are a couple of specialty sites for Leica equipment that have been getting very good valuations for rare items. I am hoping there is an auction expert for other equipment that could promote my lens to a higher level.

9 minutes ago, kdt said:

Thanks Sandy, I have dealt with Roberts over the years and have been happy with them. There are a couple of specialty sites for Leica equipment that have been getting very good valuations for rare items. I am hoping there is an auction expert for other equipment that could promote my lens to a higher level.

Popflash is another that leans high end - bought Leica, intended to say high end - same disclaimer. 

11 minutes ago, Sandy Vongries said:

Popflash is another that leans high end - bought Leica, intended to say high end - same disclaimer. 

That looks good... I was not aware of that site and will check it out more closely. .... Thanks!

• Like 1

These Toshigi lenses are not well known due to the very few that were made. Auction with promotion feels like the correct avenue.

Can links be made to auctions on this forum?

More suggestions?

You might send an email to Flint's Auctions: Vintage Camera & Photographic Auctions & Antique Camera Valuations. They are in the UK however. Jonathan Brown at:  jonathan@flintsauctions.com and his telephone in the UK: +44 (0) 7387 198 886.
From the web site:
Flints camera auctions contain a wide range of photographic equipment, from the earliest periods of wet plate up to items from the present day, including digital. The sales often include fine cameras from well-known names such as:
Leica Screw, Leica M, Leica Copies & other rangefinders
Hasselblad, Rollei, Bronica, Linhof & other medium format
Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Alpa, Zunow & other 35mm camera systems
Early Wet Plate, Dry Plate & Mahogany & Brass cameras
Rare lenses by P. Angenieux, Cooke, Dallmeyer, Kinoptik, Hugo Meyer, Som Berthiot, Ross & others.
No experience with them, but they appear very credible: https://www.flintsauctions.com/departments/camera-photographic-equipment/

Let me know how it goes? -Philip-