Few words: Dry Places

ralph_barker

Very nice Ralph. BTW how does that 3200 do scanning 2 1/4?

Would it make a good sharp 12x12? And have you ever tried scanning 4x10's (4x9) Any problems? I'm looking to scan 4x10's (4x9) shot from my Dorff. Would a 12x27 print look really sharp? Sorry to go off thread but I need to know.

I don't own a large format camera (yet), but I find these "few words" threads in the LF forum one of the most enjoyable parts of Photo.net -- thanks! The images are always instructive, unique, and inspiring. Sorry to disappoint the digital coverts out there, but even on the low-resolution web you can easily discern the image quality resulting from large format film.

Good stuff, everyone. (Dan - I had to go get a drink of water after looking at yours. ;-) )

Jim - I think the Epson 3200 does a reasonable job on medium format. The resolution and D-Max aren't quite up to the specs of higher-end dedicated film scanners, but the price is right by comparison. The film holders that come with the 3200 are a big improvement over previous Epson models. You'd need to build your own frame to scan 4x9. While I think you'd likely be satisfied with the results, "really sharp" is fairly subjective.