classic and it's also jamed. what the hell is going on. The only

thing i can think of is that in Puerto Rico, while comming out from

the AC and shhoting in the hot humid air, I would see some

condensation. But i don't know how that would affect it. The other

point is that while going thru airport security, i put my bag on top

of what they call "THE STERIL TABLE" and as soon as I put the bag

down they told me to remove it.

Have any of you guy's encountered smilir problems? I will be going to

leica in the morning and see if they can explain this one.

Marcelo, If you are referring about my spelling I apologize. I realized it after I posted the note. If you have some extra time, maybe you can spell check the rest of the forum for extra credit. :O

Right now I'm beside myself. I'm jinxed like Albert said.

Here in hot humid Miami Florida I've never had a problem with a shutter, Leica or other, jamming from the humid air. Even a bit of rain hasn't caused any problems, although I try to keep from completely soaking the cameras. Good luck solving your shutter problem!

<b>"Did you ever think that you are just a loser? I have used many Leicas since 1946 and have never had any jam." - Gerald Lehrer</b>

<p>Hmmm, who's the loser? (snicker) Lucky you. I've used 8 Leicas since 1998 and four of them have jammed, two M6s and two R6.2s, all new out of the box. The only problem-free unit was a 1965 M2, but I only had it for 6 weeks.

Walking down the Seine I had a jam problem with my M3. It is a scarry moment when it occurs. I didn't force the lever or anything else, but sat down, thought about what best to do, and then began to rewind the film. When I took the film out I realized that I was shooting a 24 Expousure roll as opposed to the 36 expousure rolls that I normally use. I felt very silly, but lucky nevertheless because it was just me and not the camera. I'm sure this isn't the problem with your cameras, but I'm sure the Leica tech will fix them up quickly for you. Best of luck, and post some of your photos for us when you get a chance.

Felix, I feel for you buddy. That both your cameras jammed is

very, very wierd. There has to be some sort of common action

that caused it. The odds of two M6s jamming out of the blue

have got to be astronomical.

No insult intended, but are you sure there is no film in the

cameras? Also, did you push the rewind lever, then turn the

rewind to see if it is free. After that, remove the base plate to

reset the counter, cock the shutter and see if the button pops

back up. In addition, when the base is off flip up the back door

and see if the shutter is stuck open. Inspect it carefully to see if

there is any foreign matter caught in it.

If that doesn't do it, or if you have already done all that, take it in.

AND tell us what the cause was when you find out. It could help

out other people from making the same mistake if it is operator

error, or if it just was indeed bad luck. Ignore the insulting jerks

here ( as if they never made a mistake, or had a camera screw

up on them ).

when i first got my m6, my shutter was jamming. it really freaked me out. even a used leica is a huge investment for me and to have it jam so soon... it turned out that the guy i bought it from didn't use it that much and all the lube dried up, so the second shutter curtain wasn't closing all the way and i couldn't cock the shutter until it did. all it needed was a good CLA and some tlc. it's been perfect ever since.

I had the same problem with my Olympus some time ago, then,

like others, noticed it was a 27 expo film and I was expecting 36.

DON'T PANIC MR MAINWARING! (Brit Dad's Army fans will get

this). But you haven't said: is there still film in it? If so, get it out

somehow and check the shutter and wind on for a few frames;

otherwise you're in trouble. But it's strange two cameras doing

this!

As to the film advance lever jamming, One time using an M2 and a Brass Leica N-Cassette I was taking pictures with it and the cassette kept jamming around 12 exposures. I kept rewinding and then reloading the camera about two or three times but it kept getting stuck around there. Finally I decided that the film was probably stuck inside of the cassette and all it needed was a good hard pull on the lever. Well, I did this and it resisted at first and then eventually gave way. I thought it was finally released from the canister and kept shooting the film when after about five or six more shots I noticed the two little dots on the rewind knob weren't turning when I was pulling the film advance lever. Well, finally I gave up and I opened up the camera without rewinding the film and I opened up the back to look at what was holding the film up or what was going on with the film or whatever and it turns out that the cannister only held a short bit of film, around 12 exposures worth, because it was the little bit at the end of a bulk roll of film that I had rolled into the cassette. I didn't keep track of which film had how many exposures so I didn't even consider that this was the canister that had that last little bit of film in it. Well, anyway, what had happened because the film couldn't advance past around 12 frames worth of film was that the sprockets which were trying to advance the film when I was pulling on the lever had chewed through the little bits of plastic in between the sprocket holes and the little spool where the film was supposed to be advanced to, kept skipping the gear or something because since the cannister wasn't giving up the end of the film there wasn't effectively any more film to roll onto the spool thus the spool couldn't turn and the torque from the film advance lever had to go somewhere. Anyway, littered everwhere inside the camera were the little bits of plastic in between the sprocket holes and although my M2 didn't end up getting its shutter jammed because of them, conceivably these little floating pieces of plastic that can come out of a roll of film when you force the advance lever can get inside the shutter mechanism and camera, and gremlin up the works.

Or... it's that vibration thing.