Caltar-II N 75 f/4.5: equals to Rodenstock Grandagon-N?

michael_mensik

Hi all, <br>

I can't find an explicit confirmation of this: is it really? Even

although I wanted to buy an original Grandagon-N if available

somewhere here, I found the Caltar on KEH for what seems to me as a

good price for EX condition. (If only the postage to Europe wasn't so

expensive...)<br>

And more, are KEH trustworthy regarding their grading system,

shipping, paying by card via internet?<br>

Thanks, Michael

The Calumet site lists the lens as "Rodenstock Caltar II-N 75mm Lens f/4.5 With Copal 0 Shutter" and Calumet's OEM relationship with Rodenstock has existed for years. Whether there are any subtle differences in manufacturing or quality control, I couldn't say.

I've purchased from KEH several times, and have found their ratings to be accurate and reliable, and their service has been good. They won't always be the least expensive place, but they have a good reputation from all I've heard.

I have to second everyone's opinion of KEH. They are very conservative in there rating. I bought what they called a "bargain" lens. When it came it was in excellant condition. Needless to say I was delighted. I would buy with confidence from them!

Regards, Robert

Leonard and David,<br>

I did not want you to snatch it under my nose :-) so I have reserved it in advance before asking here. The Caltar you see is yet another one.<br>

Well, thanks to you all for your recommendations: I decided to confirm the reservation. And now I'll impatiently wait for the day the lens arrives :-)<br>

Michael

If anything, KEH grading is very understated. If they say it is excellent, it is, and maybe even better than their description of the term. I think you will like the lens. I have the Grandagon-N version. I have a Caltar and would not hesitate to buy another one.