Please help indentify my Rollei

paul_neuthaler

I have just acquired a Rollei with 2.8 Xenotar #3947452 and Heidosmat

viewing #746963. Really clean/beautiful.

I can't seem to find a serial number on body; however, it has a strip

where the exposure meter would be if it had one. Hood is removeable.

2.8 C, 2.8E (without meter) Can you date it by lens numbers?

Thanks so much.

Paul Neuthaler, 5/22/03

its either a 2,8e2 (then the serialnumber is below the taking lens) or a 2,8e3 - then the serial number is on top of the rolleiflex-nameplate. if it is not there, the rolleiflax nameplate has been changed.eithe of the two ( i have a 2,8e2 BTW) is excellent. keep it, put a film in it, enjoy it

Frank, the hood is removable in the T, the F and the later E-models.

<p>

Since it has no meter, it could be any one of these. A rough guidance could be the serial# of the lens or whether it accepts 220 film also (then it would be a model F). With the 2.8 Planar it cannot be a model T, so only the E and F remain.

• 1 month later...

i just purchased another Rollei TLR,the serial number(above nameplate) 1655836 (on taking lens)Planar 1:2.8 f= 80mm Carl Zeiss Nr.2268059 seems to fit the 2.8E category but the features seem to make it an 2.8F .

it has a working light meter,has a little switch above nameplate left side(camr in taking position)no self timer,viewing lens has blue violet coating,has built in knob/counter/rolleikin(for 35mm),could lock aperture and shutter speed dials to be moved together,, looks like an F , but serial no. makes it an E .. will appreciate any input from anyone,, TIA ,,pc