M6 - which eye?

I can't believe it but after nearly 15 years of using SLR's exclusively with my left eye (resulting in the "camera-head" look), when I bought my Bessa R I decided I would learn to shoot right-eyed. After a couple of day this seemed so natural (a hard think for a left-hander to admit) -- so much so that today when I picked up my SLR for the first time in weeks, I instintively put it up to my right eye!

Yep, me to. I always and still do shoot left eyed using SLR's and MF but righteyed on the Leica. Started left, but right eye after some practice works better. This way I can keep the left open, or open it to get eye contact before taking the shot. Really helps on portraits.

I'm really surprised at the answers. I thought everyone shot with their dominant eye. Lucky for me it's my right (even though I'm leftie). I can't imagine wearing glasses and shooting a Leica left-eyed and being able to see any of the framelines.

Most lefties are, either from genetic or environmental reasons, not 100% leftie, whereas most righthanders are right-handed at everything. I'm actually very close to ambidextrous, in fact my signature is almost identical with either hand.

"I can't imagine wearing glasses and shooting a Leica left-eyed and being able to see any of the framelines."

Amen to that, Jay. Even with the 0.58 VF, this left-eyed glasses wearer can barely see all the 35mm frame. Seeing the 28mm lines is pretty much wishful thinking. I have been wondering if this reality is the reason that such a high proportion of 0.85 bodies are offered on the auction site.