What P&S do you or your spouse use?

Al I'm not treating my wife like a dumb female, she prefers a simple no thrills point and shoot to keep in her purse or car. I bought a contax G1 and T2 last year and these were not to her liking either. The Fuji was perfect for her , easy drop in loading, good lens, good metering and autofocus.

As a P&S I use a new Ricoh GR1-V

My 11 year old daughter uses a Yashica T5

My wife uses an Olympus Mju II (and an old favourite our Olympus Trip 35)

My 18 year old daughter uses my old Minolta X-700 and X-300 with Rokkor 45mm F2 and 50mm f1.4 and 28mm f2.8 and 135mm f2.8 lenses and her old Yashica T5 as a P&S.

Olympus Stylus Epic/Mju:. I've had one for over 10 yrs (on my 2nd one, the first one got stolen).

I'm actually planning to pick up a Canon S50 myself as well -- funny that others are contemplating the same course of action

p.

i am totally shocjed no one mentioned the contax t3. it is, in many ways, the greatest candid street camera ever made. i won't go on about its virtues. maybe it is better people here don't try one. you may never use your leica again.

"i am totally shocjed no one mentioned the contax t3..."

Overpriced; Fiddly controls. I went shopping for one and walked out with a Hexar RF, instead, and for not much more money.

The Olympus Stylus Epic is surely one of the camera bargains of all time. 35mm f2.8 lens focuses to 1 ft.; You can (and usually should!) turn off the flash; It's weatherproof; it fits in real pockets and there's no excuse not to have it on your person unless you're skinny dipping.

Ricoh Gr-1 - just been to the alps ski-touring and swapped prints with a guy who humped a nikon f/n80 with af zoom. my prints blew him away. great p&s, control aperture, iso and bracket for much less than contax. speaking as a very happy contax user.

my wife keeps asking for it back!

Oly Stylus Epic. If Olympus wrapped this camera in a titanium shell, its price would go up ten fold. As it is, you can buy three Olys for the cost of replcing the shutter of your Minilux after its inevitable failure.