Mamiya RZ67 & RZ67II compatibility questions

john_chan

Hi

<p>

I am new to the RZ system, and I am about to put down some cold hard cash on either a new RZ67 Pro II or an older used, cheaper RZ67. I'd really appreciate if someone can help me answer the following questions regarding compatibility between the two systems:

<p>

1. Are all the RZ lenses interchangeable between the bodies from the two marks?

<p>

2. Are the RZ and RZII 120 backs fully interchangeable (apart from the darkslide issue)?

<p>

3. Is the Power Winder interchangeable?

<p>

4. Can the AE finder for the RZII be used without limitations on the RZ67?

<p>

5. What are the key differences between the RZ and RZ II bodies?

<p>

Another other important compatibility issues I should be aware of?

<p>

Thanks

K H Tan

RZ lenses are interchangeable between the two bodies

<p>

The backs are interchangeable but: don't try to mix old and new darkslides or inserts.

<p>

Don't use the old winder on the new body

<p>

Not sure if the new AE finder can be used on the old body - the old AE finder can't be used on the new bodies without circuit modification

<p>

From the RZProII manual, new features are:

<ul>

<li>Modern, functional design

<li>Rugged interior mechanism

<li>Intermediate shutter speeds

<li>Micro focussing knob

<li>Roll film holders with dual exposure counters

<li>RBL shutter speed setting when using RB67 lenses

</ul>

<p>

Take a look at the http://www.mamiya.com/ pages, which have lots of information. Mamiya also have a 'user forum' with a lot of good information.

My RZ AE II finder works perfectly on my Pro body. I read on Mamiya's web page that you only get 1/3 shutterspeed increments in AE Mode, rather than 1/6 increments as you would with an AE II finder on a Pro II body. The 1/2 shutter speed settings on the AE finder work perfectly with the RZ body. As far as I can tell, the 1/3 bracketing adjustments also work as they should.

<p>

One can also use all of the RB lenses on an RZ body, although not in AE mode with the AE finder. The shutterspeed settings are set on the lens, not on the RZ body. When using RB lenses on a Pro body you set turn the shutter lock ring counter clockwise. The shutter speed setting on the Body has no influence on the the setting on the lens, and can be set to virtually any setting. Having the darkslide in place when in RB lens mode will not prevent tripping the shutter.

<p>

I am holding a darkslide from a Pro II 220 back and a Pro 120 back in my hands.... I can see no difference between them. If there is a difference, I would appreciate any info that other RZ useres might provide.

<p>

Thanks,

Don Carter

• 9 years later...