time. Besides, the defect doesn�t not happen in other films that I didn�t

shot with my Leica. Would you guy please help me investigate why the

defect came from? And how to resolve the problem? All shot using

Leica M6 (classic) with Summicron 50/2. Film used are Kodak Supra400

or Kodak Portra 400VC.

Thank you so much for your help.

Sincerely,

Sarawoot

I agree, i wouls suspect something either deep in the lens, close to the apature blades or on the rear element. Also, it might be worth checking the inside of your M6 with the door open and the lens off to make sure there are no fly away pieces of dust caught in the baffles around the shutter, also test this with the shutter open on B to see if the dust is not caught BETWEEN the shutter curtains.

Dave

Thanks Rolfe and Dave for your comment. Now it can't be answered either from "lens" or "body". Here are what I did.

I chekced the rear element -only the outside and found nothing wrong with it. I'm not sure how to check internal lens element. I just looked through it and found nothing in there, very crystal clear indeed. I will check the shutter curtains -as Dave suggested.

Still, I'm wondering why it just happens only at small aperture. Any clue? Thank you guys!

Sarawoot<div>00539e-12602984.jpg.1c97032d1c78d7b6ccd2e7735ad46f35.jpg</div>

Does the problem gradually go away as you open up the lens. You say it's bad at f11 and f16, but does it start to clear up at f8.0? Does is disappear completely by f2.0? If so, then the lens is likely to blame. You say you can't see anything in the lens, but try shining a flashlight thru it from the front and see if anything shows up. Maybe some lens elements are decementing, who knows?

Kevin,

Thank for your recommendation. I'm not sure if the problem go away as I open up the lens.

I don't see any kind of that defective a f8.0 or lower. It's perfectly nice photo for anything after f8.0. I'll use the flashlight to see what inside and come back to you guys. What is decementing though? This lens bought brand-new in January 2003.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Sarawoot<div>0053AC-12603384.jpg.764de9c23f633121c3f912ce0072efb5.jpg</div>

Nothing INSIDE the lens would show up this sharply, nor would it fade in and out with different apertures.

It's not a light leak or shutter problem: the first would show up as a white defect in a positive image, and the second would show some kind of linear banding, vertical or horizontal, from the shutter motion.

If it were my camera my first suspect would be something on the FRONT element or on a filter (Are you using a filter?) As you stop down it would become more visible at small (f/11-16) apertures.

Remote (very remote but not unheard-of) possibility - an insect or something inside the camera in front of the shutter casting a shadow on the film. I doubt it in this case - the odds of the bug being in almost the same spot for every exposure get vanishingly small.

Sarawoot. It's not your camera nor your lens.

The ghosting is always on the top left-hand corner from your sample pictures in both landscape and portrait formats. If you couldn't identify the source of the problem, I suggest you get rid of both the lens and camera. Something hauntingly lurking within your camera.