ZENITAR-K 2.8/16 FISH-EYE LENSES.. are these any good?

scott_mclaren

Yep, I adore mine too - maybe not the best optic on the face of the Earth, but pretty damn good for the money - and a whole heap of fun to use (seriously, it's a hoot!). I've been using mine to do 360 degree panoramas (using PanoTools) - gives pretty impressive results for a lens costing around US$100. The way I see it, some folks really like fisheyes, and some folks just don't - the Zenitar is a cheap way to find out which group you belong to.

"<i>The way I see it, some folks really like fisheyes, and some folks just don't - the Zenitar is a cheap way to find out which group you belong to.</i>"

<p>

This is the reason I got mine. If I used it a lot, I'd now consider buying a Canon (as I use that system). But since I only use it once in a while, I'll hang on to it. The price is right.

When I changed to Canon I had to give up my Sigma 16mm (boo hoo). I keep seeing positive comments on the Zenitar and would really like to buy one if I could find a UK dealer that does the Eos mount version. Anyone have any ideas?

I liked mine (EOS-mount), but I sold it to partially fund a 70-200mm f/4L. One thing that bugged me was the lack of aperture coupling in low light - I would stop down to ensure everything was in focus (via hyperfocal distances), but this would make it hard to compose. Other than that, it seemed to be a fine little lens.