Double battery charger for Canon 10D

richard_snyder

Thanks for your responses. Actually I phrased the question improperly. I had found the Canon version of this double-battery charger and almost choked at the price of a plastic box with what is probably minimal electronics. I had been searching various sites, such as Lenmar, and found nothing in the way of an aftermarket double-battery charger with a good reputation at a hopefully reduced price. So that is my real question: "Is there such a beast out there?" I realize that I am sticking a set of batteries worth $100 in the charger and don't want to ruin them, but just wondered if there are reliable and less costly alternatives.

Dick

• 2 weeks later...

This is not worth much but look for a used one on ebay or other sites. I am (when I get to it) going to keep my charger from my D30 and sell the new single charger with the D30.

Do a search on ebay for "bp-511 charger" here are a ton of single chargers for $30 or less, you could just get one of these, that would allow you to "dual charge" I didn't see any dual battery models. but $30 is cheap enough to just get one and use it and the Canon.

I don't know if you are aware of this, but the Canon dual charger only charges one cell at a time, it charges the first one inserted then moves to the second when the first is full, so if you are looking for a quick charge solution, it may in fact be faster to have two single chargers.

gil