camera to start with, and I was wondering if it is possible, in some

way, to use my set of hasselblad lenses on the large format lens

boards, which, obviously, would save me from buying other expensive

lenses (I do not have the possibility of renting lareg format lenses

where I live).

Thanks for your attention and Best Regards,

pietro chelli

Pietro,

You could mechanically do it, but a lens designed to cover 6x6 cm will most likely not come anywhere close to covering a 4x5" piece of film. If you like round pictures with fuzzy edges, onward!

You should be able to get a very decent used normal LF lens for around $100.

Thanks!

Steve

I'm sure there is somebody who makes an adapter to put them on a lens board but I don't think you would want to. Here is why, first coverage, a large format lens is designed to project a large image to cover the film plane area plus alot more so you can tak advantage of movements. Second unless you have some really long hassy lenses you going to be stuck with mostly normal to wide lenses remember your 150 portrait lens would now be like your 80 on the 4x5. Third weight hassy lenses are long and skinny while large format lenses tend to be short and fat, your lens would put a lot of stress on the front of your new camera. Fourth unlike hassy lenses large format lenses are really cheap espcially used ones. Buy a cheap 150 and go out and shoot I think you'll be surprised how much more versatile a lens is in 4x5 you'll end up needing less lenses than you think you do.

good luck

http://www.dougphoto.com

A lens with coverage of 155mm will cover a 4x5" at infinity, and your Hassy only has 79mm of coverage: at infinty you will have a circular image, or it will cover the hole film at ca 1:1 macro, so the use of Hassy lenses is limited to those areas.

A shutterless like-new lens is dirt cheap on ebay, get an Apo-gerogon for under US$60, and add on a ND-filter after you have focused! From 150-360mm will cover your format.