iMAC "Quick Look" not working on z8 images

John Di Leo

as stated above

Ventura 13.6.1 iMAC Retina 5k 27" 2017 Nikon z8

After I transfer my pictures from the card to the mac I get the attached rather than the image when I select Quick Look. It is probably a problem with Nikon and Apple talking to each other because pictures taken with an older nikon (d810), same file format—nef, display fine.

Any input appreciated?hash=d93986ba4ebd8501759c396a3747dab4

Thanks in advance

I'm shooting in "RAW"

I tried all three compressions: Lossless, High Efficiency*, and High Efficiency. None of them show under quick look. The only thing that changes is file size.

So, Shun, TBC you are saying that RAW Lossless are viewable with quick look (and I suppose Preview also?) under Sonoma 12.1.1.

That would be a reason to upgrade my OS if so, but my mac is not compatible, UGH (Retina 5k 27"2017). Not at all ready for a new computer, so I gues my only option is to await Nikon and Apple to work out their differences.

Edited by John Di Leo

@kmac

thanks for the tip, but...

I tried highlighting 3 files, right clicked, chose Quick look and no joy, got the same thing as attached above.

HOWEVER!

highlighting the same three files and I chose the eyeball icon (for quick look) in the finder window's tool bar and they appeared!

Go figure.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of a workaround, appreciated.

9 hours ago, John Di Leo said:

HOWEVER!

highlighting the same three files and I chose the eyeball icon (for quick look) in the finder window's tool bar and they appeared!

Go figure.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of a workaround, appreciated.

I'd say there is something amiss with your system if clicking on "Quick Look" fails to respond. Great that the eyeball icon works, but since it is linked to "Quick Look", there must be a glitch in there that maybe an up-date or an up-grade can fix. Try this also, "Command Y", it is linked to "Quick Look" and it works for me. If it doesn't work for you, then you're only left with the eyeball icon, and hope that it doesn't glitch out as well.