Kodak Autographic No. 1 Junior

Great that you got one with original box and instructions, boosts it's value somewhat.

100 ASA or slower would be recommended. A tripod would be wise with a cable release. The shutter lever will have a tight spot when overcoming the spring tension in the shutter, right at the last bit of the lever action. This can cause camera shake if the camera is not held firmly against your chest when using handheld.

If you use higher film speeds, you might be restricting yourself to f32 - f64, limiting the use of the camera.

Also a good idea to seal off the Autographic hatch with electrical tape as these can be a source of light leaks.

Be sure to check if the apertures numbers are in either ASA or United Standard (Or Kodak's simplified number system).
US 64 is f/32 is "4"
US 32 is f/22 is "3"
US 16 is f/16 is "2"
US 8 is f/11 is "1"
US 4 is f/8

Actually it is Uniform System, though I don't know why.

Last year, I was out with a Kodak Brownie 2 model F, which is actually brown.

It has two shutter speeds (I and T), and three apertures, with no numbers.

The instructions tell you never to use the smallest aperture on the I (instantaneous) shutter setting.

I suspect it is around f/32 or maybe f/64.  It is meant to use with T, for time exposure, such as indoors.

But I had a roll off TMax400, so, just because they said I couldn't, I went out with the aperture on the smallest setting.

Because they didn't know about ASA 400 film!

I also had a roll of VPL, which is a tungsten balanced C-41 film, which I suspect I was the first to use in a Brownie 2-F.

(I even had a color balance filter to hold in front of the lens.)   And besides, the film might have been 10 or 15 year old.

Otherwise, close to the first camera I ever had, and still have, is the Autographic Jr. 1A, which uses 116 film.

I got it from my grandfather when I was about 10, and when you could still buy VP116. 

And now I have more rolls of VP116, bought on eBay. Still works, too.

-- glen

The two shutter speeds are probably 1/25 and 1/50.

What you really want is Verichrome Pan 120. Lots of exposure latitude. Old rolls are often in surprisingly good shape. But avoid the orthochromatic Verichrome, doesn't age well at all. Always comes out all black for me.

At 1/50 and f/22, you should be able to use TMax 100. You can also use Portra 160 in color, also lots of overexposure latitude. You can even correct the chromatic aberration of the simple lens in post-processing.

Or use Ilford Pan F Plus. Slower, but less exposure latitude.