Canon Photo Thursday May 25, 2023

Mark Keefer

Happy Thursday, May 25, 2023, to all Canon Shooters and Photography enthusiasts. Sorry I missed starting this last week. Sorry running late this week.

Once again it is time for this week's Canon Photo Thursday.   I hope you choose to share a few of your photos with us.  It doesn't matter if your camera or photos are new or old, it is all good. Let's inspire each other and possibly inspire future generations.

This is your chance to share your epic, fun, cool, and/or interesting photo with everyone here on PN. Show us your vision, your style, your projects, your travels, adventures, photo missions or just something you shot that captured your fancy. You all know the drill, post one, two, three, or more photos shot from your Canon EOS Camera (SLR or DSLR or Mirrorless. Was your camera made by Canon? If so, post your shots). All are welcome to participate. Late postings are welcome. If you miss Thursday, feel free to add to the thread another day. Looking forward to seeing your shots. Pick up the camera and shoot something. Even if you didn't get out this week, you know you have some blast from the past stashed in your archives. We have a lot of regulars here reading. Jump in and post. Show us your shots.  I know with the season everyone can get very busy. I would like to thank everyone who has been sharing in Canon Photo Thursday. It means a lot, making starting this thread every week worth wild. Thank you for your support.

As always, I truly appreciate the support of our Canon friends and shooters. It's nice not to be left hanging. Thanks you, everyone who has been participating.

Canon 5D MK IV

train tracks-46293.jpg

Steam Pipe Factory-.jpg

Monterey no watermark-42376.jpg

Monterey no watermark-42395.jpg

• Like 5
Cheers, Mark

Wish I could participate more often. I've got a Canon P&S that is pretty much falling apart although I've taken many decent photos with it in the past. Some of your scenes look familiar, Moss Landing, P.G.? Can't place that first photo though. 

May have been used before.

"The Dead Man's Hand".

My picture of the Poker hand reputedly held by "Wild Bill" James Hickok when he was killed , (shot in the back of his head) , by "Crooked Nose" Jack McCall on 02 August 1876.

Canon PowerShot G12.

IMG_0360.JPG

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sanford said:

Wish I could participate more often. I've got a Canon P&S that is pretty much falling apart although I've taken many decent photos with it in the past. Some of your scenes look familiar, Moss Landing, P.G.? Can't place that first photo though. 

Yes, Moss Landing, Pacific Grove, Asilomar, a Train crossing somewhere East by Southeast of Salinas off US 101, Gonzales maybe...or near by... Hope the camera is fixable or you find another. Is that your only camera or just your only Canon?

Edited by Mark Keefer
  • Like 1
Cheers, Mark

2 hours ago, Mark Keefer said:

Yes, Moss Landing, Pacific Grove, Asilomar, a Train crossing somewhere East by Southeast of Salinas off US 101, Gonzales maybe...or near by... Hope the camera is fixable or you find another. Is that your only camera or just your only Canon?

My only Canon...it still works, just a few broken pieces. I've had many film Canons in the past, Ftb's, A1, AT1, even an F1 Olympic. We used to have some excellent camera stores around here that would allow generous trades. I wanted to try every model of every brand, and just about did. 

2 hours ago, Sanford said:

We used to have some excellent camera stores around here that would allow generous trades. I wanted to try every model of every brand, and just about did. 

Is there a real camera stores around here? Monterey, Salinas or Carmel. Best Buy does not cut it. Or do  have to head to a big city. LA and San Diego had some good stores. I imagine San Francisco should.....

Cheers, Mark

8 minutes ago, Mark Keefer said:

Is there a real camera stores around here? Monterey, Salinas or Carmel. Best Buy does not cut it. Or do  have to head to a big city. LA and San Diego had some good stores. I imagine San Francisco should.....

First, I'm done! No more new cameras for me. I have two Panasonics, two Nikons, & two Fujis (and a Canon P&S). The newest is 10 years old, several closing in on 20 years. I'd trust my Nikon D300 to cover any event but it's just too heavy now to walk around with. The closest thing to a real camera store around here is Backscatter on Cannery Row. Good selection and prices with display models. They specialize in underwater photography but carry all the major brands of cameras. San Jose Camera is still around.

4 hours ago, Sanford said:

First, I'm done! No more new cameras for me. I have two Panasonics, two Nikons, & two Fujis (and a Canon P&S). The newest is 10 years old, several closing in on 20 years. I'd trust my Nikon D300 to cover any event but it's just too heavy now to walk around with. The closest thing to a real camera store around here is Backscatter on Cannery Row. Good selection and prices with display models. They specialize in underwater photography but carry all the major brands of cameras. San Jose Camera is still around.

Understood on I'm done. You have a good collection. I have sold off my older cameras, just have the 5D MKIV and the A7R3. I look at the R5 and see rumours of a new R5 Mk II, but can't bring myself to spend that money for something that probably won't improve my images. Maybe when the time comes I will look at used gear. Or more affordable options. Currently I just need to buy a sensor cleaning kit. After 5 or 6 years I finally got a spec of dust on my 5D MKIV sensor that won't blow off with my rocket blower. Getting tired of spot healing that spot. Picked it up in San Diego last fall. I should have got a kit then. As far as the P&S falling apart, maybe some duct tape. Lol. 

• Like 1
Cheers, Mark