M Monochrome, 2012 

M10, 2017 

TL2, 2017 

SL2-S, 2020 

Q2 Monochrom, 2020

M11, 2022

Edited by Karim Ghantous
Mistakes

While I am sure there are cameras on your list that deserved to be reviewed, it probably made sense for DP Review to focus on camera systems that are more affordable and also those used by most working professionals.  Vast majority of photographers also like cameras that have AF and can use zoom lenses, which doesn't include the M system. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 12:24 PM, Jochen_S said:

Where is the RD-1 on your list? I recall a video by their YouTube guys.

I, for one, do not like that camera that much. I do not understand the respect that it gets, and I do not consider it to be particularly important. But, that's just IMHO.

I would go a little further and say that the M8 and M9 are no longer worth considering, given their current market prices. So if the M9 can practically retire, the RD-1 has been long dead. Of course, if someone sold me an M9 for a price that reflects its capability, I'd think about it.

On 3/29/2023 at 6:24 PM, Jochen_S said:

Where is the RD-1 on your list? I recall a video by their YouTube guys.

The point of this thread notwithstanding - which frankly escapes me - Karim lists Leica products given attention (or not) by DPReview. 

The RD-1 is not a Leica product.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

6 hours ago, Bill Blackwell Images said:

The point of this thread notwithstanding - which frankly escapes me - Karim lists Leica products given attention (or not) by DPReview. 

The RD-1 is not a Leica product.

Well, yeah, but let's be practical. It's a camera in the Leica RF ecosystem. If Konica or Zeiss or Cosina made a digital RF camera, I'd consider those as part of the ecosystem.

15 hours ago, Karim Ghantous said:

Well, yeah, but let's be practical. It's a camera in the Leica RF ecosystem. If Konica or Zeiss or Cosina made a digital RF camera, I'd consider those as part of the ecosystem.

I didn't understand the point of this tread before, but now you really have me stumped.  First you list all of the Leica products reviewed by DPReview, or not.  Now you say your consideration was to name digital cameras in the "Leica RF ecosystem".  If that's the case, why did you list cameras in the S, SL, and TL systems?  None of these are rangefinders. 

– Yogi Berra

10 hours ago, Jochen_S said:

@Bill Blackwell Images This is the Leicas & RFs forum. That's why I wondered about the RD-1 missing on Karim's list. I don't think it matters how important cameras are right now, in a thread reviewing a reviewer. Back in it's days the Epson seemed tempting. 

Please don't take offense, as I certainly don't mean any, but what about the Pixii?  Shouldn't that have been on Karim's list too?  It's certainly relevant today in the "Leica RF ecosystem" - whatever that means since you can include non RF systems

• Like 1

– Yogi Berra