W/NW 2023 Pic-O'-The-Week #11

allancobb

Welcome everyone to Week 11 of 2023, the Leica and Rangefinders W/NW Thread! Here's something a little different for a Leica, a starry nightscape while experimenting with long exposures (9 seconds for this one at ISO 3200).

Leica M240, 28mm f/2.8 Elmarit-M (Version 3)

L1004693 (2) R-DeNoiseAI-low-light.JPG

Edited by allancobb
  • Like 6

allancobb, very nice.  I thought that there would be some 'star trails' with that length of exposure. Maybe not. Billblackwellimages, again, a much envied control of contrast and clarity.  My contribution is from a free 'seniors' (aka geriatrics) concert put on by our local state member of parliament a couple of weeks ago (and yes, I think I feel an election coming on).  One of the stage, one of an attendee.  Blurry (yes, age does weary and the years do condemn).  With my monochrom and go to 75mm lens.

L1003811.jpg

L1003812.jpg

• Like 6

15 hours ago, arthur_mcculloch2 said:

allancobb, very nice.  I thought that there would be some 'star trails' with that length of exposure. Maybe not...

Thanks Arthur. Actually with a 28mm lens you can go all the way to 18 seconds (but the M240 at ISO 3200 limited me to nine). The formula is to divide 500 by the lens focal length (full frame) to determine how long an exposure can be before star trails develop..

• Like 3