T90 eyepiece

andrew den bakker

I have used my trustworthy T90 for many years. Recently I have lost

the rubber-edged eyepiece which slots in front of the viewfinder.

Although it doesn't interfere much with using the camera, I'd like to

replace it. The problem is finding a replacement - anyone with any

suggestions where (& how?) I can get one? Thanks, Andrew den Bakker

(NL)

The EOS eyecups will fit the T90 with a tiny amount of surgery to allow the viewfinder shutter lever clearance. A MUCH BETTER and cheaper alt. is to use the A series eyecup which will fit nice and tight on to the T90 frame and won't come off.

PS I found a t90 eyecup in a box at a local show got it along with an A series cup for just $5.00 put it on my T90 went street shooting with a friend after lunch and within two hours it had fallen off never to be found again THEY ARE CURSED

Yes to both the older A-series eyecup, which will work very well, and to at least some of the EOS eyecups. I've got an EOS eyecup on my T90 (don't know which one; it was there when I bought it.) The viewfinder shutter lever is mostly covered but not totally so, so it's all usable.

The Pentax Spotmatic eyecups will fit the T-90 and other A-series cameras perfectly (I use a Pentax angle finder with no problem).

I've seen several generic eyecups that fit several manufacturers cameras. Jessops in the UK do one. It wraps around the eye, so those of us with glasses must cut it down (hardly difficult). Adorama advertise a Canon FD one for $7, which looks the same to me.

I guess the T90 eyecups were a loose fit. My two used T90s were cupless,naturally. I took it to the Canonlady my buddy and she plucked an EOS 1n cup from her drawer and said try this,- and it slides over the channels with just a little tilt where the plastic has to lift up over the eyepiece shutter,but not a problem in two years. Actually I like the trapezoidal EOS one better than the squarish shape of the original ( I got an original/more or less by buying a diopter eyescreen and plucking out the glass sliver.so I can compare same).. A lady in LA on a forum said the going price late '02 is about 18.00 for an EOS 1n and about $30.00 from a shop that has a small stock of original diopters. She tried both and agreed with my conclusions (see above.) Don't pay avaricious prices for this part I think.

• 1 month later...