Any FW 4.0 Sightings

dieter_skagen

Hi all,

Any Street or shop sightings of the long awaited FW 4.0...its March

afterall...but as I wrote earlier, I heard grumblings that it may not

hit the shops until July. BTW...bought the Rolleiwide in Moscow this

weekend...if the lens delivers as well as I hope I'll be very happy.

I really like the angle of coverage and perspective of the 55mm...One

surprise feature is it appears as though I am able to focus a little

inside of 2ft...better than my Leicas...but of course a totally

different world of use.

• 6 months later...

hello there,

i am lucky enough to be the owner of this new wide Rolleiflex.So I wanted to share my first comments .First, I would like to say that I have other old rollei so I can really compare

Of course , the first thing you hear is how pricey the camera is. while this is indeed a pricey camera ,people should keep in mind what you get, i.e a new compact medium format camera outfitted with a first class lens. so then when you compare with another new medium format camera with a similar lens, you should be able to be more at ease with what you pay

outside financial argument, there are more interesting comments to make about this new machine

First, as with the other new Rollei TLR's- FX and GX- there is no denying that the camera , while well built, does not come close in terms of manufacturing to the old rolleiflexes, that does not mean in amy way that the camera is not solid and reliable

having own and/or used a bunch of other professional cameras before, I can really compare.

I think that my main complaint about the camera is the lack of 220 film usability. I know soem of you think it is not important but for a camera aimed at street photography and travel photography, I think this is a major drawback. after all , this is not a quick camera to load. the proof that I am not the only one looking for that feature can be found in the fact that older F Rollei having the 120/220 always command higher prices

I hope that Rollei will not make that mistake when -and if- they release the tele version

Ok, now to the question that most of you have in mind . how sharp is the lens. well not to worry the lens is excellent> I have shot 10 rolls so far and will keep you informed of further experience.

I have tested this camera with others shooting a wall with drawings, letter and bricks,allowing to see the differences in details definition with a good loupe

the lens is a real performer. the only lens so far which seems to be a better performance is the super angulon 45 mm by schneider available on the rollei 6000