Brownie Six 20 Model E

Looking to see if anyone knows what the shutter speed and the

aperture is for the brownie six 20 e and if it's possible to modify

it to accept 120 film or an easy method to using photographic b&w

paper for images rather than film... Thanks for any and all help...

• 9 months later...

Apparently the aperture is f11. Shutter speed is apprently between 1/35 to 1/50, although it has been suggested that they prob aren't as accurate as when new.

As for the 120 film, one suggestion is to get another 620 spool and thread the film from the 120 onto the 620 spool, but i've never done this . Another suggestion i've seen is to flatten the indent where the top spool sits so that the 120 will fit. Never tried this either.

Have a read of the "How to" section of

http://members.aol.com/Chuck02178/brownie.htm

Cheers

Andrew

Curtis, not sure if you're still reading here, but FYI, I bought a roll of Ilford FP4 and it fits in with little modification. I had to slightly trim the larger diameter down with scissors, but only on one side (the side futherest away from the winding key.) Have taken a few shots and it rolls on really nicely. Good luck

• 4 years later...

According to <a href="http://personal.cfw.com/~cdwilcox/F_620.html">this source</a> (I'd credit the author more fully if the main page weren't down) neither film nor camera needs modification when using 120 film. Not sure exactly what models were tested. The model they use is a Six20 and the only necessity is a 620 takeup spool. Just hold onto the spool when the film gets developed and use it over w/ each roll.<br><p>

The also illustrate how to modify 120 film so it too can be used as the take up spool. I was lucky enough to get my Six20 w/ a spool included. I'll post a few images after I run a few rolls through.