Digital cameras back in fashion after online revival

On 2/6/2023 at 4:45 AM, za33photo said:

But what about the batteries Mathilda ? 😟.

All the decent ones take AA batteries and CF cards. The Nikon Coolpix 700 and 990 come to mind.  Both have optical viewfinders as well so you aren't chewing through batteries.

There are some trickier models like the floppy-disk based Sony Mavicas, but I was able to source a couple spare batteries for mine after a short search. 

Edited by canabananadial

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heh. What, are digital cameras 30 years in now? High time for some nostalgia over them. But yeah, we’ve reached the age where much younger folks are the primary drivers of nostalgic trends. 

Still, there’s not a whole lot new under the sun; that which goes around continues to come around. 😊

4 hours ago, Ricochetrider said:

there’s not a whole lot new under the sun

And, yet, a pretty smart Greek dude once said, You can’t step into the same river twice. [Whether it’s the river that constantly changes or the person doing the stepping or some combination of the two he left for centuries of crazed philosophers to wonder! After all, what else would you think about when you’re not in the woods to hear that noisy tree fall?]

Edited by samstevens
  • Yes! 1

"You talkin' to me?"

8 minutes ago, Ricochetrider said:

the mighty Susquehanna

I read many of my early philosophy books on the banks of the influential Susquehanna, when I was at school in Binghamton.

10 minutes ago, Ricochetrider said:

how boring would life be without evolution?

I'm afraid we may be about to find out, since I suspect a re-ban of its being taught in schools may be next up on the agenda, speaking of there being nothing new under the sun!

"You talkin' to me?"