Bokeh of the new Nikkor 70-200mm/2.8 ED-AFS-VR

arthuryeo

Can anyone confirm that the bokeh of this new lens is better than the regular vanilla Nikkor 80-200mm/2.8ED-IF (without AFS) or are they more or less the same? I've seen many images taken using the latter and they seem good but occasionally some double-ring and bubbles breaks up the smooth bokeh. Please share your thots if you have seen or experienced both. Thanks!

Hi David, thanks for the link but I have already seen this review. Bjorn did not compare the bokeh of the VR lens to the old 80-200mm/2.8ED, he compared it to the 85mm/1.4EDIF.

<br>I believe him & I agree the VR lens has good bokeh but I was wondering how is the bokeh of the 80-200mm/2.8ED compared to the VR lens. Is it worse or the some what the same.

Arthur,

It's a little premature to be asking people for such a minute detail.

Why don't you borrow a sample of this lens and compare its bokeh against that of the 80-200 AFD? You might be the first person on the planet to do so!!!

I'd certainly read what you have to say.

I was notified yesterday that my 70 - 200 2.8 ED-AFS-VR is in. Sob, snurf! My SO picked it up today but I won't get it until mid-April when I go to visit him. We don't want to spend the money to ship it or risk having something happen to it.

What a sweet agony.

Conni

BTW - he has offered to test it for me to be sure it's OK. Ha!

Constance, I'd love to hear your thots when you get to play around with your new toy.

<br>

<br>Charlie, bokeh is the blurry look in the background of a photo: some are consistent, others are wirey and harsh. You should be able to see more info than you want if you look for bokeh in Google.com