sharpening motion blur

I forgot how I was sharpening motion blur images within Photoshop or Raw that was so easy.  None of the 3 help within Smart Sharpen (gaussian, motion or lens) are aligning the pixels to my content.  I somewhat recall it was a right click... selecting an area (or several).  

It wasn’t a sharpening tool but one designed to ‘fix’ camera shake. It was removed for whatever reasons. Adobe rarely does this and there were those who suggeted it wasn’t any good (and those who complained it was removed). But it’s now gone. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Strange. I have an Adobe CC subscription and it looks like I still have the 'shake reduction' option (though I've never used it). See below. FWIW I use Topaz Sharpen too. Usually the AI version. I sometimes blend in different degrees of sharpening on different layers.

On 1/17/2023 at 12:23 AM, digitaldog said:

It wasn’t a sharpening tool but one designed to ‘fix’ camera shake. It was removed for whatever reasons. Adobe rarely does this and there were those who suggeted it wasn’t any good (and those who complained it was removed). But it’s now gone. 

Sharpen.jpg

Edited by mikemorrellNL

On 1/21/2023 at 6:16 AM, mikemorrellNL said:

"Strange. I have an Adobe CC subscription and it looks like I still have the 'shake reduction' option (though I've never used it). .."

I have Photoshop CC 2020 on my old 2010 Mac Pro, which has shake reduction, and I have Photoshop 2022 on my new iMac, which does not have shake reduction. So, it was eliminated sometime between the 2020 version and 2022 version.

Edited by Glenn McCreery
  • Like 1