Z9 Firmware Request for Nikon --How to submit

joseph_smith3

There is one feature on my Z9 that I really need, and many of you may need it too. In most if not all of the AF area modes the focus area box is outlined in a thin red line. I have difficulty seeing the red box especially if the background has mixed colors or shapes and/or  is mostly green. The cause of this is that I am color blind--not completely colorblind, but partially color blind. I am red green and blue grey color blind if I remember the diagnosis I got when I went into the US Army. And I am not alone--about 8% of men have this and about 0.5 % of women have it too. (Prior to that test, I was unaware that I had any color vision issues.) 

Solution--Give me a choice of colors for the focus area box line.  Allow me to set black as the block color instead of just red. Black is the color used in the D500 and D850. I have no issues seeing any of the focus shapes in the different AF area modes with these two Nikon bodies. 

This may be an issue with all Nikon mirrorless cameras. 

Any advice on how to submit this request to Nikon? 

More info at these links: 

https://www.nei.nih.gov/learn-about-eye-health/eye-conditions-and-diseases/color-blindness/causes-color-blindness#:~:text=Since%20it's%20passed%20down%20on,have%20red%2Dgreen%20color%20blindness.

https://www.colourblindawareness.org/colour-blindness/types-of-colour-blindness/#:~:text=People%20with%20protanopia%20are%20unable,blues%20and%20yellows%20stand%20out.

I did some additional testing yesterday with my Z9. The three Dynamic Area choices are all in red.  For the two Wide area--Large and Small--the frame box is in a very thin red box. Seeing it to make sure it is in the right portion of the frame is  difficult. In 3D and Auto Area, the camera does most of the work and the eye detection box is not red, and is easy to see.