Gallery

FranzWeber

Who wants to see this image of Sandy Vongries in gallery animal in the next hundred years? Every time a new picture is uploaded in "Animal", it doesn't show up in "Gallery", it shows Sandy's picture every time instead. If you ask Sandy about it, you only get snotty answers. That's not what I'm paying for.

Screenshot (4554)..jpg

I haven’t seen Sandy giving as snotty a single answer as your post is, I’ll tell you that! His answers tend not to be snotty at all. You may not like them, because his answers about galleries have been realistic. He’s tried to help people navigate within a system he readily admits is broken, which he has no power to fix. He’s volunteering his time to keep PN alive but with very limited capabilities and very few, if any, administrative tools to effect changes to software. He’s unable to make up for the neglect the owners have shown since redesigning the software and abandoning that redesign midstream. Your own anger and snottiness is severely misplaced. But it doesn’t take near the devotion or energy for you to whine as it does for Sandy to do what he does for the good of the site and for all of us. 

Edited by samstevens
  • Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

1 hour ago, samstevens said:

I haven’t seen Sandy giving as snotty a single answer as your post is, I’ll tell you that! His answers tend not to be snotty at all. You may not like them, because his answers about galleries have been realistic. He’s tried to help people navigate within a system he readily admits is broken, which he has no power to fix. He’s volunteering his time to keep PN alive but with very limited capabilities and very few, if any, administrative tools to effect changes to software. He’s unable to make up for the neglect the owners have shown since redesigning the software and abandoning that redesign midstream. Your own anger and snottiness is severely misplaced. But it doesn’t take near the devotion or energy for you to whine as it does for Sandy to do what he does for the good of the site and for all of us. 

Thank you.  As previously noted, I used that photo for a couple of tests, and that is all.  It did not appear in Animals on my machine, but since to me, it was only for tests and of no consequence, I have removed it.  

18 minutes ago, FranzWeber said:

Samstavens, tell me why his pic is shown again and again and again in "Gallery" when other pics are uploaded at animal-pics. 

Because the gallery software is screwy and no one who posts to it has any control over its behavior. If you want to believe it’s a grand conspiracy to elevate one of Sandy’s photos to prominence rather than believe what Sandy’s told us, go right ahead. But, if you do that at this point, it won’t put you or your ability to comprehend a situation in any better light and, to be honest, right now that light is already dangerously dim.

Edited by samstevens

"You talkin' to me?"