Canon Photo Thursday December 22, 2022

Mark Keefer

It is time for this week's Canon Photo Thursday. This is your chance to share your epic, fun, cool, and/or interesting photo with everyone here on PN. Show us your vision, your style, your projects, your travels, adventures, photo missions or just something you shot that captured your fancy. You all know the drill, post one, two, three, or more photos shot from your Canon EOS Camera (SLR or DSLR or Mirrorless. Was your camera made by Canon? If so, post your shots). All are welcome to participate. Late postings are welcome. If you miss Thursday, feel free to add to the thread another day. Looking forward to seeing your shots. Pick up the camera and shoot something. Even if you didn't get out this week, you know you have some blast from the past stashed in your archives. We have a lot of regulars here reading. Jump in and post. Show us your shots.  I know with the season everyone can get very busy. I would like to thank everyone who has been sharing in Canon Photo Thursday. It means a lot, making starting this thread every week worth wild. Thank you for your support.

I hope the season brings great shots, happy memories with friends, family and loved ones. For those that believe, may Santa leave you something special in your stocking, perhaps a new Camera or lens or piece of gear.

Thanks again to everyone who has participated and shared in Canon Photo Thursdays this year.

For me this week I am battling a head and chest cold, the weather here on the ocean has been colder than other years I remember here. But I should count myself lucky, as I personally know some folks in places who are dealing with -28°F and making my waking to 40°F seem like balmy weather while taking the dog out for the morning walk. 

Here are a few shots I took in the last few weeks,

Canon 5D MK IV

Oceanside Fishing Pier x1200 for PN-42814.jpg

Paradise By The Sea After sunset 9x16 2400 wide-.jpg

Paradise By The Sea RV Park x1200.jpg

Edited by Mark Keefer
  • Like 5
Cheers, Mark

I am guilty of not picking the camera up much lately. I'm researching a new computer build since my 11 year old PC is 11 years old! Almost ready to order parts and I'll post the potential build in Digital Darkroom to get comments. I won't be building a killer machine, but almost anything will be faster than my present setup. 

It got down to 3° F last night in Chicago and after opening the shade and blinds in the bedroom I had some nice frost on the window pane. It soon started melting so I closed the blinds and will hopefully get a few more photos later.

Canon 5D Mkll, EF-100mm IS, f/11, iso 100

_MG_2923.jpg

• Like 5

Yes it should, Mark. I have Windows 10 right now and cannot upgrade due to hardware requirements. I have always had an SSD C drive but the new build will have 4 NVMe drive slots. My Photoshop library is on a 1TB NVMe drive which I plan on moving into the new machine and copying that library to a faster 2TB NVMe. A friend of mine is getting ready to build a similar machine so I'm anxious to see how his build comes out.

Pretty soon I'll have a table full of parts ready for reassembly!

Happy Holidays!

_MG_0502.jpg

• Like 4

I'm sitting here looking at this on a 2011 IMac. Get aggravating messages about how my safari browser is not supported any more. I can't update it under the current outdated operating system. I can't update to a newer iMac because my wife has a whole litany of her wants. I know what I want, a 2020 refurbished iMac Pro from OWC/Macsales at a great price, more power, more storage and a better screen. Less spinning balls. good luck and happy holidays to everyone. Just got back from opening Christmas and Chanukah packages with my 22 month old grandson.

• Like 2
  • Yes! 1