Nikon N90/90s Err message

Hello Everyone. I have a question. I misplaced my Nikon N90 and recently found it today. When I turned it on. It had the letters Err in the LCD display. I tried new batteries and  put a new roll of film in it but to no avail. My Nikon N90s did the same thing not too long ago. Is this a common problem with the Nikon N/.90/90s series or is it a problem with all the automatic series of Nikon cameras? Is there a do it yourself fix or does it need to go to the repair shop? Thank you in advance

No it isn’t a problem common to Nikons of that time. Check your battery contacts and make sure they are clean, no corrosion or battery leakage. Make sure the battery is good even if it’s new. Also, is the aperture ring turned all the way to the auto setting? Usually it needs to be set to one notch past the smallest aperture setting if it’s one of the autofocus lenses. Also can be locked in place. If it isn’t set there and is in an auto exposure mode it will give the Err message. The N90 cameras are pretty good, I have two loaded now.

Rick H