¡Wow!

victor2

¡Wow!

Years ago when involved in large and medium format, I signed up for a photo forum that was very active with many great photograhers and a wealth of information. Once I got involved in the digital world years later, I searched for it but could not find it(did not remember the name, I thought). So decided to join here and try it out.

To my surprise I found it, the name Greenspun triggered the relation, THIS is it...... ¡Wow, unrecognizable!

Wonder if my data still remains???? Any way nice to be here again.

• Like 1

I did not mean this to start discord, just thought it was weird realizing I am where I was looking for and did not have a clue until today.

John you are correct, the forums are what the participants make it. As the United Staters say, deal with it, get over it and move on...😉

Greetings Ricochetrider, thank you.

My older mf/lf work sits in storage at my kids homes, the gear and all dark room, film chems.... I donated to a schools photo cub. I know, but it felt good. Just in the past few years back to it, only digital now. You see we have spent the past 12 years cruising on a 56ft ketch... Covid came and we stayed at the last port we were. Living on land for about a year now. You say, must be lots of images... truth be told very few. Always found it intrusive and insensitive to have a camera aimed and expect to experience and enjoy as you immerse  in the cultures and customs... Strange it is but the experiences, people and cultures we have come to know and shared with are priceless.

IMG_3093.jpg.1787a45fa60b7c8e675bb8dd69b9c459.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/14/2022 at 10:53 AM, John Seaman said:

Yes, still here, two major revisions later. The site is what the members make of it, different of course but the community survives. Hope you continue with it in whatever way you fancy.

More than that, John!  I remember the first setup that Phil launched--there was no posting of photos.  Then came another version or so under his control.  Then other rearrangements.  This makes the THIRD amateur night out attempt to update PN since 2016.  Bah...

Meanwhile @victor2 enjoy the people here, the resources we have, and your photography!

• Like 2

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

15 minutes ago, RobertWPillow said:

The forums fora (a word I recently learned in a photo.net forum) continue to be worthwhile.

I tend to be a stickler for language and grammar, and I prefer forums for references to the Internet, so your original instinct would have been fine with me … as it is with most English speakers (and most dictionaries, at this point). Were I writing a history paper on ancient gathering places, I would use fora, especially if I wanted to impress an old academic to whom I might be submitting. 😊

https://www.mediacollege.com/internet/forum/forums-vs-fora.html

Yes, agreed, those of PN are worthwhile. 

"You talkin' to me?"

• 1 month later...