Our National Monuments wins six book awards

qtluong

I am honored that my new photography book Our National Monuments is the winner of four awards: National Outdoor Book Awards, Foreword Indies Book of the Year, National Indie Excellence Awards, International Book Awards; and silver medalist at Benjamin Franklin Awards and Nautilus Book Awards.

The meaning of "national monument" in the U.S. is often misunderstood. It's not just statues and memorial buildings... What you will find among the national monuments in the book are vast landscapes rivaling the national parks in beauty, diversity, cultural heritage, and unique photo spots. If you are tired of the crowds, tight regulations, or over-photographed views of the national parks, get ready for an adventure out of the beaten path! 

It can be difficult to find information about those places under the radar, which is why, in addition to inspirational photographs, Our National Monuments provides you the starting point I wish I had for my own visits: introductions by leaders and activists from 27 local conservation organizations who are the people closest to those areas, selected highlights and practical travel and photography details. Give yourself or your loved ones the gift of the parks less traveled! 

OurNM_cover2_800px.jpg

Edited by qtluong