PN migration

mikemorrellNL

As an ordinary PN member, I have no insight into the plans or status of the migration from the 'old' PN platform to the 'new' (Invision community) platform. My impression (as @Sandy Vongries has mentioned) is the migration is as yet incomplete. I would personally add that it's 'stalled'. It's a big concern that the initial frequent and responsive communication over the migration process has dried up over the past 6-8 weeks.

I and other members have repeatedly attempted to contact @mjensen via PMs on PN with offers of (voluntary) support for the PN migration. As yet with no response. We are investigating other communication channels.

The current status - as I see it - is that only Fiverr employees have 'Admin' privileges for configuring the Invision platform for PN. And they - for past 6-8 weeks - have had no time for this. No blame or recriminations from me. I completely understand how changing business priorities and opportunities affect the allocation of resources to projects. But some kind of communication - even if it's 'don't expect any enhancements for the next x months' would have been welcome.

The 'normal' Invision community subscription model is that:

- there is an administrative 'owner' (who signs off on the subscription and ensures that the bills are paid)

- there are appointed community 'Admins' who set up and maintain the community on the 'Invision platform'

- there are appointed 'moderators' who approve new members and keep the posted content within 'guidelines'

On the PN 'Invision community' platform, only one or two Fiverr employees have Administrator privileges on PN. And they have no time to spend on completing the migration (=configuration) of PN to the Invision platform.

That's the reason that I - and some other members - are doing all we can to gain 'Admin' privileges to PN. Not to make any radical changes but to make few tweaks that would improve the user experience of PN members. 

I firmly believe that PN member representatives should 'manage' the PN forum to a much higher degree that has been done up until now

• Like 3

Keys to the kingdom with all that implies.  Unfortunately, I can't see it happening.  Possibly the issue is that on occasion, once you are into a project, more time, effort and resources are required than was initially imagined.  It does appear that we are stalled.  I think, as others have said, best case is to learn the tricks and make best use of what we have till something changes. Certainly preferable to a shutdown and nothing.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sanford said:

Remember, Fiverr denies any connection to p/n.

The connection between PN and the Fiverr (and Creative Live) organizations is IMHO at best remote and unsurprisingly so. Fiverr is a global on-line marketplace that connects Freelancers with Businesses. It provides a lot of support to (potential) freelancers, including training videos. A year ago, Fiverr acquired Creative Live (including PN). Creative Live is an on-line Learning organization and it's easy to see how on-Line Learning would fit in well with Fiverr's on-line support to freelancers and businesses. How PN fits in with either organization's business portfolio or investment plans is at the moment hard (for me) to see.

As @Sandy Vongries says, working with what we have now until something changes is certainly preferable to a shutdown and nothing.