flash for a Canon EOS 5D?

ronda

Any EOS compatible flash will work fine.  You can buy any Canon EX flash or look at third party units from Godox and Yongnuo if you want to spend less.  I am sure the Canon brand will be more rugged but they certainly cost more.  I still use my EX550 with a 5D on occasion, but that is an ancient flash from the EOS film era.  Here is a listing from B&H for EOS compatible units:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/products/On-Camera-Flashes/ci/647/N/4168864822?filters=fct_ttl-system_3981%3Acanon

Don't know much about Godox or Yongnuo, but I am sure folks on PN can help if you have specific questions about them.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 8:58 PM, ronda said:

Thank you Ken I found one on your list the Godox VING V860IIC TTL Li-Ion Flash Kit is the one i bought

Good choice! I've had 3 'Ving' 860s in Nikon fitting for 5 years or more now. Along with the dedicated RF transmitter and clip-on receivers, they make a nice, portable portrait lighting outfit together with a couple of small softboxes. Third flash is used snooted as a hair/rim light or kicker.

You might want to get a spare battery though. Unique-to-manufacturer batteries tend to get like hen's teeth if/when they're discontinued by the maker.