W/NW 2022 Pic-O'-The-Week #46

allancobb

Tony, can't seem to open your file - may be a problem at my end. My contribution is two shots, one of Marion, a good friend who is planning to re-marry in the New Year, modelling a home made T-shirt, and Wayne, another good friend.  Both with my monochrom and 7Artisans 50mm lens, for which  I fruitlessly search for a yellow filter. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

marion1.jpg

wayne.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Rick, do you use focus peaking for the manual focus? On mine, if you push in the little wheel that sticks out from the back below the speed dial, it will magnify the the image in the EV and if the lens is working well will help you get a sharper focus. When you press the shutter halfway it will return image to its normal size.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, httpwww.photo.netbarry said:

Hi Rick, do you use focus peaking for the manual focus? On mine, if you push in the little wheel that sticks out from the back below the speed dial, it will magnify the the image in the EV and if the lens is working well will help you get a sharper focus. When you press the shutter halfway it will return image to its normal size.

Yes - that is to say I did discover that feature but the wheel doesn’t seem to activate focus peaking every time for some reason- might just be me tho? 

2 hours ago, Ricochetrider said:

Yes - that is to say I did discover that feature but the wheel doesn’t seem to activate focus peaking every time for some reason- might just be me tho? 

Not sure. It seems on mine sometimes it wouldn't engage.  And on some of the fuji lenses that have the push pull mechanism engaging auto/manual focus, it would engage without pushing.  hmm I never did read the manual:)

• Like 1

I’ve really just gotten into this and haven’t really taken this out into the world, just more or less messing around at home. I’ve a long way to go but will get there with it eventually. I’ve looked all they the manual and searched the internet to see if there’s anything I’ve missed and to look for insight from other users and think I’ve got it so I guess time will tell. I’m hoping I can use this Jena Pancolar as it’s a really lovely lens. 

Hey thanks for taking to time to check in with me on it. Really appreciate it 

Edited by Ricochetrider