Centering images

HarryBaker

I've never had to do it, but if you move the cursor along by pressing your "space" key a number of times, the photo might park at the cursor in the spot you've moved it to.

Yes, I just tried it and it does work. Just move your cursor along to where you want the left side of your pic to be. Do it before you drag and drop your pic.

Then after, you can use the delete key, or your space key to adjust the position of the pic.

I centered the image below by starting a new paragraph, clicking the "Center Text icon" at the top of this text box, and then hitting "choose files" at the bottom of the text box and choosing the photo I've posted. It's pretty much the way it's always worked for me. While kmac's suggestion may work, it likely won't work across all platforms, browsers, and devices, so what might look centered with extra spaces on a desktop computer may not look centered on a tablet, phone, or in a different web browser. If you can get the actual centering function to work, that should be more universal.

bklyn-bridge-T_9686-SKY-WATER-LIGHTING-P2019-w.thumb.jpg.5b1ea989d4ca5ff5678d2029f6575469.jpg

brooklyn and manhattan bridges

"You talkin' to me?"

47 minutes ago, samstevens said:

clicking the "Center Text icon" at the top of this text box, and then hitting "choose files"

That worked for me just now too. Showing the OP which button to press in this screen shot, the greyed out one ....

892182644_ScreenShot2022-11-09at04_19_12.thumb.png.008370caddad83220c5b17f58a65bf9d.png

1 hour ago, tony_parsons1 said:

Using this technique, it appears one can also insert two images side by side !

Again, consider different browsers and different devices. On my phone, the two images are showing up one under the other. If you want two images to be sure to show up side by side, I’d create one jpg out of the two images as you want them to show. 

• Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"