whoma

whoma

Hello dear community,

I am new here in the forum, however, already longer silent reader in some Threads, since I have started a few months ago with the analog photographing.

I got myself a Canon AE1 Program and I really enjoy it. Now I got the same camera for my wife. This one had the famous "cough" and triggered right after cocking. So, camera disassembled and mirror housing lightly oiled according to instructions of a service pdf from Learncamerarepair. In addition, I cleaned the magnetic surfaces, so that this also works again. After reassembly, however, I noticed that there is a strange noise during film transport (tensioning). This sounds like a zipper that you quickly pull closed (I hope the description is sufficient so). I did not have this les noise with my previous Canon. The noise is coming from the body of the camera, not the mirror housing. I suspect near the small plastic gears. I carefully applied some oil (Nyoil) to the cogs as best I could, but unfortunately this did not improve the situation.

Does anyone know the problem, or does anyone know where exactly to locate it?

Kindest regards

Thank you for the advice. I'm not on Facebook yet.

I think I was able to better locate the noise. It seems to be related to the right spool that holds the film. If I block this when tensioning, the noise is no longer present.

On 11/7/2022 at 9:55 PM, whoma said:

Thank you for the advice. I'm not on Facebook yet.

I think you should consider very, very carefully whether Facebook and such-like are worth while. There are so many peculiar things about them..

Welcome to to P.net -- I'm beginning to hope that it is finally back on track.

• Like 1