Can anyone check if this is legit listing for M6?

Jawnbe

The seller has two IDs, the other one is "mojax". There is also no return policy in the listing that I can see. I think you'll be left by yourself if that camera is defective. It's risky, and the seller already has negative feedback.

Edited by kmac
  • Excellent! 1

You are buying the seller first. If even the slightest uncomfortable with the seller, walk away.

I haven't bothered forming an opinion on this particular seller, but noticed that he has rated this listing as "Decent" almost at the bottom of his rating scale!

This is ebay; where everything is at least EXC+++++. You got to expect this to be in very bad condition - but it is impossible to see from the small low-res photos.

• Excellent! 1
Niels

I'm chiming in on this, because I feel strongly about folks who are trying their best to be honest & reasonable as they share a rather high percentage of their profits with PayPal & Ebay. At the same time, these sellers are surrendering much of their control over their valuable property... 

- - - - -

"he has rated this listing as "Decent" almost at the bottom of his rating scale! - This is ebay; where everything is at least EXC+++++" - You mean he didn't ridiculous list it as 'Near MINT/Top MINT' ? - "Decent"? - Wow, then this makes this Japan based seller, one of the HONEST ones ! 

Now, I'm no fan of non-magnify-able images in a seller's ad, but the less he puts into the ad, the BETTER it is for the buyer to claim lack of transparency

i.e. ("he didn't show that dent" or "He didn't mention that the meter didn't work" etc.).

- - - - -

"seller has two IDs, the other one is "mojax"." - That's just his "Store's" name, nothing nefarious here. - I looked, he actually has nice high-end 'Stuff' with prices that are appropriate.

- - - - -

"you'll be left by yourself if that camera is defective. It's risky" - Not true. If the seller gave a 'bad' description & in doing so mislead me, I just return it ! - Ebay has EXTREME Buyer protection compared to the onerous requirements for Sellers. Even buying a 'Pet Rock', you receive up to 45 days of a FULL Refund; this heavily weighted policy assures the buyer's protection (It also includes your shipping costs !).

If it's a good price on the item you desire, buy it. - Believe me, Sellers are very nervous for those 45 days when they ship away their high dollar items...

• Like 1
  • Excellent! 1

The consensus here appears to be that the listing is legitimate, as the OP was asking about ... I can see nothing to suggest it isn't. That just leaves dealing with the seller who has negative and neutral feedback and doesn't deal in photographic equipment exclusively. The description of the camera is very basic: " Scratches, discoloration. It works fine, dirt does not affect on shooting" 

13 hours ago, Gus Lazzari said:

"you'll be left by yourself if that camera is defective. It's risky"

Nice cherry pick, from what I actually said ... "I think you'll be left by yourself if that camera is defective. It's risky, and the seller already has negative feedback."

Any buyer's motto I'm sure would be - Minimize Risk. I'd begin lowering the risk by clicking on the "Make an offer" button and offer $2,900 and see how it goes from there. If a sizeable saving could be achieved, that's funds for a service or repair.

An update from the OP about deciding would be great.

17 hours ago, Gus Lazzari said:

"he has rated this listing as "Decent" almost at the bottom of his rating scale! - This is ebay; where everything is at least EXC+++++" - You mean he didn't ridiculous list it as 'Near MINT/Top MINT' ? - "Decent"? - Wow, then this makes this Japan based seller, one of the HONEST ones ! 

Now, I'm no fan of non-magnify-able images in a seller's ad, but the less he puts into the ad, the BETTER it is for the buyer to claim lack of transparency

i.e. ("he didn't show that dent" or "He didn't mention that the meter didn't work" etc.).

I didn't imply dishonesty, but suggested to align expectations according to rating and common eBay practice. There is no way to determine from the listing itself if this seller is more or less accurate than the average - and if assuming average, expectations should be very low with a "Decent" rating.

Niels