Galleries?

Sanford

From the banner of my profile page:

Hello!  Thank you all for following us to the new platform. There will be a lot of changes, updates and page builds in the next few weeks, but I wanted to open up the forum and the site to start getting some real time feedback.  Please message me directly @mjensen with ANY and ALL feedback. Only then can I adjust, update and fix any issues

Niels

The majority of my images have vanished - they were there for a few days and now I am left with two pages worth. Even now - as before - for some of them I only see the title, likes, and view count but not the image itself. Hope this will sort itself out eventually - but it disconcerting that images that showed before now are completely gone.

What Photo.net offers or at least offered is sort of unique, if alternatives were available we probably would have moved on a while ago.

We have been told from the start that the transition would take a while, so hang on in there a bit longer. I know PN is a bit like an old folks home and for some of us time is in short supply😀  

• Like 2

1. Given how the last version of PN was (mis)handled and how poorly it was run and functioned, anyone who’s been relying on PN as a repository of important images ought to recognize what poor decision making that was … well before now.
  2. Photos appearing and disappearing as they are being migrated does not sound ominous to me. It sounds typical of how computers do business. I wouldn’t worry about it … yet. It’s only been a week of migration. Unfortunately, we live in a world of immediate gratification and 10-second sound bites, so patience and attention spans have become almost non-existent. 
  3. Going forward, think of PN as a lark, something you enjoy while it lasts, something you know is supported on a shoestring. Rely on it for housing of important photos at your own risk. It’s a photo playground, not a secure steel-reinforced warehouse.
  • Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

On 10/16/2022 at 11:17 AM, samstevens said:

Photos appearing and disappearing as they are being migrated does not sound ominous to me. It sounds typical of how computers do business. I wouldn’t worry about it … yet. It’s only been a week of migration. Unfortunately, we live in a world of immediate gratification and 10-second sound bites, so patience and attention spans have become almost non-existent. 

I am not worried; I simply posted the fact that I had seen my about 8 pages worth of images - albeit with some not showing the image itself and that I am now down to 2 pages with still some not showing the actual image. To me it is strange that previously shown images totally disappear; I am far less concerned about the one where I can only see title, likes, and view counts. My post has absolutely nothing to do with demanding immediate gratification or is a reflection on my patience or attention span!

Since so far the issue has not been addressed by the administration, I think it is prudent to let them know that something is amiss.