How do I get an answer about the change in my display name?

rws

Once again, in the conversion my display name was changed from "rws" to "rws1664886018" -- I don't know why, and I don't know how my ridiculous new name was chosen.  I don't have to have my original name back -- there may be problems with a three-letter name.  But I would like a name that at least makes sense and isn't 77% random numbers.  How can I get at least an acknowledgement that this annoyance will at some point be addressed?

Just a guess that no human chose your random new name. It seems likely that it was software generated in the conversion. Judging from various posts I’ve read, several other name changes of members also took place. I imagine the developers have quite a bit to deal with and are getting to them in an order they’ve prioritized. It’s really only been 3 or 4 days since the migration. It went relatively smoothly despite some quirks and unintended inconveniences. But, as is typical, it’s an ongoing process and likely will take maybe even a few weeks to get everything sorted out. So far, the people hard at work have fixed quite a few problems brought to their attention, so it seems likely that will continue. They may not always have the time to respond to each of us individually, but they do seem to be paying attention to problems and do seem to be attending to them. Best I can offer for now. So far, a little patience has paid off. I’m hoping that continues.

"You talkin' to me?"

15 hours ago, rws1664886018 said:

Once again, in the conversion my display name was changed from "rws" to "rws1664886018" -- I don't know why, and I don't know how my ridiculous new name was chosen.  I don't have to have my original name back -- there may be problems with a three-letter name.  But I would like a name that at least makes sense and isn't 77% random numbers.  How can I get at least an acknowledgement that this annoyance will at some point be addressed?

Still trying to figure out the twists and turns.  Used to be able to do it before.  Have you in mind, If I can get it done, I will.