How to request change in display name

rws

In the old photo.net, my display name was "rws."  Very simple, easy for friends and family to find when looking at my library on photo.net.  After the conversion, with no input from me, my display name has become "rws1664886018," which is clunky and cumbersome (and hard to remember when giving it to others).  I assume that there is a good reason for this change, also I see many familiar "old" display names looking on posts and lists of members.  Anyway, is there some way I can get this changed to a name of my choosing.  

I understand why the moderators don't want to have unlimited display name changing, but I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to have some inut as to what my name will be.  Possibly related to this, can the "Custom Title" be used to stand in for the display name?  If so, how?

Irrelevant note:  Why am I awake at 2:00 am thinking about this?  It's a distraction from the bizarre Japanese Formula 1 Grand Prix which is taking place in a fierce rainstorm.  The race is now stopped and drivers are changing to "wet" tires, so maybe things will settle down.