<PLEASE READ> Migration Date - October 3rd

mjensen

Had some trouble getting in - upon attempting to login, I was informed that my account was locked and that I should try again in 14 minutes. Did that, but the cycle just repeated itself. For two days. No chance to contact @mjensen as that works only whey logged in. Finally tried to reset my password and got in that way.

When I got in and tried to send a message I got "inbox full". Deleted all my messages to be able to send a new one.

Edited by Dieter Schaefer
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 5:03 PM, mjferron said:

Sometimes the like game gets old. Unfortunately in no words we cannot verbally compliment a photo because it breaks the rules  

Consider sending the photographer whose No Words photo you like a PM. I’m sure it would be appreciated.  

• Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

Ok, ok. Maybe I'm a little slow 🐌 as I'm an "older gentleman", but I can't find my photo portfolio let alone see how to manage it. Has that capability been implemented yet? I once stumbled upon a link that showed thumbnails of every photo I ever posted including those I deleted. 

So, what gives?

On 10/11/2022 at 8:21 PM, mickeysimpson said:

I've only been able to like 1 photo a day

I figured it out. Select the grayed out heart and one of the reactions that pop up. I would say that this offers a wider range of reactions but may (?) minimize the tendency to comment. That said I'll do my best to bloviate.

• Like 2

Don't know if this is the right place to give feedback but a couple of issues with photos.

1. when opening one of your own pics and using the arrows at either side to advance forward or backward, it advances into other peoples pics.

2. When opening a pic on any image on a page, no matter what page, when closing the photo it sends you back to the top of your 1st page. Quite annoying. Flickem has a back to your stream link that takes you back to the place you opened the page from. Would love to see these things fixed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, stuart_pratt said:

Have we lost the ‘Go to first unread’ link?

Nothing has changed, and there is still an "Unread Content" link at the top right of the page body (below the header).  All preferences for visiting a forum board are still in place under your Settings|Content View Behavior.  There you can decide what posts display when it opens.

HOWEVER...

Nothing has changed.  Perhaps I am the first to say it, but I am very disappointed with what is happening now with PN3.0.  There have been ZERO site changes by the site owners since shortly before October 25th.  According to his profile, @mjensen has not posted anything since October 27, nor visited the front end of the site since November 4th. 

4 weeks of the silent treatment are disturbing and inconsiderate.

I am mulling this thing about.  Some stuff we wanted and expected seem to require some serious extra work--and given the core of Invision--may not really be possible entirely. But we are busily discovering workarounds, and generally getting comfortable with what is availableMaybe this is the secret plan!

It is perhaps the lack of consideration for us--the PN Community--that bothers me the most. 

Some explanation and update would go a long way here...

• Like 4

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2022 at 4:17 PM, Sanford said:

I was told I had reached my limit of responses (giving out likes) for the day. The only thing I really care about is the Gallery. If they get that right I can overlook the rest of the nonsense.

I remember old Photo.net had a limit of how many 7s you could give out. 

Cheers, Mark

Let Peabody and Sherman set the Way Back Machine to January 4th, 2014 for a Look See to Photo.net of the Past. Sadly the Quantum Servers will not allow you send messages to ourselves in the past, that could alter the time-line, butterfly effect, yadda yadda. Please keep your hands and feet inside the ride kids. Link to Photo.net of the past

• Like 2
Cheers, Mark