Can anyone explain this?

Hi @robert_bowring

I am late to the thread yet here are a couple thoughts.

It has already been suggested that having the raw file for the image would be helpful in tracking down the problem.

It also might be helpful (and easier for you) to provide the full exact and original image files on a file sharing site (e.g. dropbox or other). The metadata can be examined that might also help in tracking down the issue.

When it is all said it done since you were new using the iPhone, it is likely just pilot error.

E.g. I have seen similar types of images when the panorama mode is set (maybe even accidentally) yet you are holding the camera horizontally. The camera is recording a set of images that it will try to stitch back together. Even if you hold the camera still and wonder what is going on, a slight tilt of the camera will copy parts of the image into different locations (as it did in your image).

That of course is just a guess. yet having the original image file, the metadata stores which mode of the iPhone was being used which could narrow down what was going on.

Not sure it is worth more effort since I believe its not likely to occur again as you gain experience on how to use the camera and camera modes.

I will leave it up to you if you want to pursue it any further by providing a link on a shared service to the original files.

Just my two cents on it (two quarters if you take into account inflation :) )

John Wheeler

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...