Photo.net keeps repeating download of page

AlanKlein

Thanks, Mike. I'm afraid to clean out the cache or at least try to do it and then screw up my phone. Photo.net is the only site I have this problem. No other site repeats the reload of it, only PN. And only on my Android cellphone. I"d like to hear from the Administrator if they know of any issues and fixes regarding this problem?

Thanks, Mike. I'm afraid to clean out the cache or at least try to do it and then screw up my phone.

@AlanKlein you would be shocked at the amount of cached and stored rubbish phones accumulate. There is little fear of losing anything except your browser links--and it's one you can skip as well. But really, the browser cache is the biggest bloat offender of all...

You can manually clear certain app's stores via Settings|Apps & Notifications and then drill down. The easiest way is to download an app from the Google Play Store such as:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.acc.free

Try it, and check out some others as well. The "Pro" version sells for USD2.99 at the Store.

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

Alan, you might try going directly to the log in page and try logging in again. About every two weeks or so my Photo.net on Firefox keeps reloading the forum page and this always works for me.

Thanks Mike. I think that fixed the problem. I logged out on my desktop and then went to the main photo.net page not the New Post link I usually go to on my cell phone. I logged in and now it doesn't repeat. Thanks, everyone for your help.

Edited by AlanKlein

• 1 month later...
I have the same issue with my Firefox on my Mac. The site also forces the download of some sort of HTML file most of the time when I do get it to settle down by refreshing a dozen times or so. I encounter this nowhere else and it baffles me. Logging out and logging back in has no effect whatsoever, nor some clearing the cache. It has been doing this for the past year or so and on two entirely different computers. Someone once suggested to me that it had to do with some ad-blocker set up I run, but...

Here's the recommended steps for clearing your Samsung cache:

Clearing the Cache on the Samsung S7 is a Manual Process.

1. Navigate to the smartphone's settings.
  2. Navigate to the “Applications” section of the menu.
  3. Select the desired program from the drop-down menu.
  4. Open the menu item labeled “Memory.”
  5. To clear the cache, click on the “Clear cache” button.
  6. Delete the cache.

You may find your browser also holds useless stuff. It does tend to perk up my iPhone performance though you'll lose some passwords etc. Just enter them again.

Why do I say things...