600 second message?

It’s reared its ugly head from time to time on PN for decades. At one point, it got so bad for some individuals that they could only make one post a day. That was a while back and, now, when it appears, it’s generally less severe. I’ve experienced an uptick in the occurrence recently as well.

A couple of things I’ve noticed. You’re more likely to get it if you hit SUBMIT without first hitting MORE OPTIONS and PREVIEW. When you do get it, it sometimes solves it to hit MORE OPTIONS and PREVIEW again before retrying. Sometimes, refreshing the page before re-submitting works. Sometimes, you just have to go wash the dishes, dust your desk, or do some other chore you hate and, when you return, you’ll be able to post it.

Consider it like the wrinkles on your favorite aunt’s face, part of character. Given how long it’s been a bug, to varying degrees, and how many times over the decades it’s been brought to the attention of … well … whoever, if anyone, might be paying attention at the time … it likely won’t go away easily or quickly.

:):):)

"You talkin' to me?"