HP - Spectre x360 2-in-1 15.6" 4K. Intel I7

Hi. Anybody use the HP Spectre x360 Laptop with the Intel i7 processor for photo editing. I plan on using it with photoshop and lightroom.

Me: Newbie when it comes to photo editing. I don't think I'll be taxing the system to much... Thoughts?.

Thanks all....

Laptops have priorities including power consumption and privacy (narrow viewing angle) that step on needs for photo editing and adjustments. Calibration is problematic since the brightness is easily changed and may vary automatically with ambient light levels. I'm comfortable using Lightroom in a laptop simply because the adjustments are completely non-destructive.

That said, I agree with Rodeo_Joe on the need for memory, at least 16 GB and 32 GB is even better. If you run out of memory, data is swapped back and forth to the hard drive, which is incredibly slow by comparison. If you have a choice at the time of purchase, a better video processor with at least 4 GB of GPU memory can remove much of the load from the main CPU for rendering tasks.

Thanks all. Good idea on memory. Upgrade from 8 to 16GB was $20.00. No brainer. Hard drive is 512 GB.

Upgrade to optane (HD) was $40.00. From my googling, seems like it takes the "workload" off the HD during large file transfers.... or so they say :)

• Intel® Core™ i7-10750H + NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 Ti with Max-Q design (4 GB) + 16 GB MemoryChange.

• 512 GB Intel® SSD + 32 GB Intel® Optane™ memoryChange